Washington, DC, United States
Jun 09, 2020
***MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.* is a non-profit agency that is dedicated to applying its resources toward improving the lives of people with intellectual and development disabilities. The agency provides opportunities for attaining the highest level of personal growth and development through coordinated and individualized services.
We are currently seeking a compassionate and professional Special Education Teacher in our Educare Center in Bohemia. The Substitute Teacher plans and implements the educational program for children birth to 21 years of age.
The position is a temporary position to cover a Maternity Leave from March-June/July
The hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm.
Under the direct supervision of the Education Coordinator, the Substitute Teacheris responsible for the following:
* Prepare and implement age appropriate curriculum to maintain, improve and or enhance the educational functioning of the students
* Maintain daily lesson plans, data records and attendance
* Develop reports on each students individual progress, implementing goals and objectives
* Responsible for periodic evaluations and updates, prepares reports and portfolio assessments for all annual review and requested review meetings.
* Attends to the physical needs of the students including but not limited to feeding, toileting, diapering and positioning
* Records all meetings with team members and responsible for the case management notes
* Integrates interdisciplinary objectives and strategies in the classroom
* Attends staff meetings and a minimum of 15 hours staff development training annually
* Supervises teacher assistants, aides, substitutes and volunteers
* Maintains an orderly classroom, follows health safety and sanitation procedures
* New York State Department of Education Provisional Certificate in Special Education