Atlanta, GA, United States
May 21, 2020
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Medical Affairs Team, based in our US Atlanta HQ, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Head of Dermatology Medical Affairs.
As the Head of Dermatology Medical Affairs, you will provide strategic medical/scientific insight and resources, in an assigned therapeutic area, to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of product plans in the Immunology Patient Value Unit (iPVU).
You like to work in an environment where you can:
* Derive data generation plans for a specific immunology product or products having indications in a specified therapeutic area.
* Work collaboratively with the Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team Assesses the need for and ensures execution of key exploratory data analysis projects.
* Conduct medical review of proposals for company sponsorship of Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS).
* Maintain expertise in specified therapeutic areas by collecting competitive intelligence and disease state expertise from both literature and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement.
* Assess the need for planning and running medical advisory boards.
* Collaborate with the publication manager to manage the publication plan developed each year by the Medical Director.
You will contribute by:
* Ensuring appropriate focus, timely preparation, review and submission of publications at scientific congresses.
* Performing quality checks and reviews of brand promotional materials and internal medical education resources.
* Assisting with the development of training materials and programs to ensure brand teams, the sales training department and medical teams have appropriate levels of expertise in disease states and with relevant products.
* Acting as a scientific/medical expert in the specified therapeutic areas within immunology.
* Reviewing topics for CME events related to relevant therapeutic areas and providing professional input for symposia development and key congresses in accordance with Company policies.
* Developing partnerships with key opinion leaders to help determine existing data gaps and appropriate data mining programs for products with indications in therapeutic areas.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* M.D. or D.O. degree
* 5 years or more of professional experience in Life Sciences
* Dermatology specialty highly preferred
* Strategic industry/ in-house Medical Affairs experience
* Advanced scientific knowledge and clinical experience in Immunology
* Mastery of general scientific or medical research principles
* Experience building strategic working relationships with both diverse internal and external medical and scientific experts, as well as brand team members
* Ability to reason based on both business principles and scientific principles
* Strong project management skills, including projects managed in a matrixed organization
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you'll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees - just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach from discovery to development to delivery is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website ****UCB and its s**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.idiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity.