Atlanta, GA, United States
Mar 26, 2020
At GE Transportation, a **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. company, we move and improve the world. We are a global technology leader and supplier of equipment, services and digital solutions to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and digitally connected machines.
It's not just about your career… or your job title… it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters? Or do things that haven't been done to make your life and someone else's better? GE Transportation has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so for decades to come! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE Transportation delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers. Partners with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements, works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality.
* Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as needed. After applications development, assumes application ownership responsibilities and supports customers with ongoing application configuration, reporting, training and general usage.
In this role, you will:
* Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining features backlog and specifying requirements
* Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
* Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
* Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge and build project teams
* Work with globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
* Cooperate with and manage e
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience
* A minimum of 3 years of previous depth and expertise of TruOps solution implementation, configuration, and ongoing support
* A minimum of 3 years of GE compliance (e.g. Sox & GDPR) and risk management processes
* A minimum of 3 years of project management
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel up to 25%;
Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, Georgia
Desired Characteristics :
Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
Experience working with others on a global basis
Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
Proficiency with MS Office suite of products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
GE Transportation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! GE Transportation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.