Downey, CA, United States
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
We are currently searching for a Material Processor to be based out of Downey, CA Reporting to the Bollard Plant Manager, this person will be responsible for material preparation for welding, post weld grinding/polishing, setup and operation of hand operated and automatic grinding/polishing equipment. Sheet rolling responsibilities include setup and operation of automated rolling equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Safely operate automated sheet rolling machine; using standard operating procedures.
* Use of measurement tools and jigs to ensure part dimensions.
* Safely operate hand tools for grinding and polishing; using standard operating procedures.
* Safely operate automated polishing machine, using standard operating procedures.
* Preparation of metal components for welding operations.
* Post weld grinding/polishing of metal components to ensure welds are smooth and ready for powder coat or further polishing operations.
* Complete required quality control inspections which may include a visual parts inspections to ensure quality standards are not compromised.
* Match work orders to components and complete any required documentation.
* Ensure quality throughout the production process while maintaining a safe, clean work environment.
* Lifts and moves parts/product on and off work area then stages product for next operation.
* Use various hand tools and power tools.
* Ensure that safety devices are operative.
* Perform minor equipment maintenance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* HS Education and 1-2 years of related experience preferable.
* Secondary education preferred, but not necessary.
* Understanding of manufacturing tools and proper use.
* Good mechanical aptitude.
* Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work in a team or independently.
* Good verbal communication skills.
* Positive attitude and ability to work with others.
* This position requires lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. without physical restrictions.
* Use of personal protection equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, gloves, face shields, and hearing protection is required.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results, Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently Live the Atkore mission, Learn our strategic priorities and Link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!