Norcross, GA, United States
Mar 26, 2020
Title: Sales Director of the Americas
Location: Norcross, GA
Department: Beena Vision/Rail
The Americas Regional Leader will be responsible for the North America and South America geographic regions within the Trimble Rail Division. This person will define and execute initiatives to grow the division within the Americas Region. They will be directly responsible for sales in their region and also responsible for working with Business Lines for delivery and New Product development. Responsible for defining and driving long-term strategic goals and initiatives while developing customer and partner relationships that ensure the successful sale of all Trimble Rail solutions and services. The role is will be a key member of the Trimble Rail management team.
Measures of Success:
* Maintain quarterly revenue forecast for the region.
* Strong development and management of Key Accounts (e.g. class 1 operators and mining railways) maximizing penetration of the Rail solutions.
* Responsible for the development of regional business plans with specific objectives and implementation strategies for targeted growth, market share and profitability improvement.
* Seek and establish a partner network as needed to cover all relevant sub segments of the market.
* Establish and execute sales campaigns in collaboration with the marketing team.
* Personally cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with key individuals within the major accounts.
* Responsible for the submission and maintenance of all reports required by Trimble management.
* Maintain a professional company image at all times
* Leverage and support relevant offers into the rail industry from other Trimble divisions through effective cross-divisional collaboration and communication
* Ability to provide professional communication with peers, manager and upper management
* Sales process proficiency including forecasting, sales pipeline management, opportunity qualification, contract negotiation, and closing
* Ability to resolve conflicts by moving positively through an understanding/analysis of the overall issue - listen, quickly identify, ask questions, isolate, understand, address, capture and communicate a position of understanding of the problem, defuse volatile situations, manage composure, respect of opinions and or position of the issue, understanding of the individual's' position of risk, recommendations of resolution.
* Ability to operate successfully within a matrix/multifunctional business organization.
* Gain support, build consensus, provide and communicate the vision. Instill confidence
* Effective time management; ability to organize and prioritize multi-tasking responsibilities, create and execute a plan. Be able to take general goals, develop, implement on a localized level, complete assignments, and meet deadlines, Provide assistance in the planning of others.
* Drive for results through work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of urgency, and a proven record of accomplishment of successful results.
* Prudent and responsible business judgment, understanding, and adaptability
Skills & Experience Required:
* Minimum 5 or more years in sales or sales management.
* Experience selling technology to the rail industry.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in presenting and public speaking
* Sales process and Sales Pipeline management
* Key Account Management
* Financial proficiency
* Degree with technical background (mechanic, electronic, computer science etc.)
* Mechanical and educational aptitude to maintain and improve understanding of the application and operation of Trimble Rail products.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D