Atlanta, GA, United States
May 21, 2020
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we'd like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for great talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
Cox Communications is now hiring for a Director of Strategic Verticals in their Cox2M business line. Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line venture within Cox Communications. The Cox2M Team s mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and cities the data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents. You ll work alongside a dynamic team of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technology in a dynamic environment. Visit ****to learn more.
About the role:
Join the ground floor of a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you will engage across the most burning issues facing businesses, cities, and communities today and in years to come. In this role, you will be responsible for building and steering new Cox2M verticals and solutions. You will work very closely with the business leadership team to shape and execute upon the Cox2M strategic and product roadmap, identifying and pursuing business development opportunities in the most disruptive and promising areas for Cox2M s expansion. You will gather customer needs and develop the industry insight required to lead the development of Cox2M s new offerings and ensure they succeed. Your work will be critical to ensuring that the Cox2M business hits its growth milestones in years to come.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop and maintain a strategic framework for business development. Proactively pursue new leads and prioritize response to inbound requests in ways that advance the broader strategic objectives of Cox2M
- Build the fact base and business case for Cox2M to pursue new verticals and solutions. Understand the competitive landscape, customer pain points, key technology considerations for execution, and drivers of business success and profitability
- Identify and work closely with customer partners to scope and co-develop new solutions. Structure relationships and pilot programs in ways that enable near-term learning and long-term success
- Incubate new solutions, moving from concept to scale. Enlist support from internal cross-functional teams and external partners (hardware, software, network, etc.) to build the solution. Own the thinking and execution around all aspects of the product offering and business model (pricing, support model, etc.)
- Manage pilot programs to ensure flawless execution. Deliver on commitments to customers on time, on budget, and exceeding expectations for quality and performance
- Seed the creation of new verticals for Cox2M, securing conviction and funding and acting as the interim GM and P&L owner for such verticals with the goal of turning the vertical into a large IoT business for Cox2M
The ideal candidate.....
- Has an ownership mindset and an orientation toward action. Does whatever it takes to meet project objectives, is constantly focused on execution, and takes accountability for outcomes
- Demonstrates zeal for new information, knowledge, and experiences. Regularly seeks and capitalizes on learning opportunities. Quickly internalizes and applies new information
- Applies structured thinking to complex problems involving many stakeholders and many unknowns
- Shows strength in assessing front-of-the-funnel client needs, developing strong customer relationships, and shaping proposed solutions that will achieve clients business objectives
- Builds collaborative relationships with other individuals, teams, departments, business units, or external customers and organizations to help achieve business goals
- Communicates clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing, to convey information and ideas to prospective customers and executive audiences
- Understands lean startup methodology principles and has experience applying these methods to prioritize and build solutions and services to meet customers specific needs
- Acts honestly and ethically in all business dealings, even if sales/profits are at stake. Keeps promises and commitments Cox2M makes in new verticalsQualifications:
- 7 or more years of leadership experience at a startup
- 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree or drove significant business growth traction in a startup environment
- 3 or more years leading solution incubation and development following lean startup methodologies
- 3 or more years leading commercial development activities for a new B2B solution
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organizationPreferred
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- Experience leading emerging technology development or consultative sales for technology solutions that are highly integrated into B2B customer workflows
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions Cox Communications and Cox Automotive are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.