Washington, DC, United States
Jun 09, 2020
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.s mission is to support and advocate for individuals of all ages with unique abilities and challenges. Our commitment is to assist people to discover and define their own quality of life. Currently more than 2,500 people receive educational, vocational, residential, employment, and respite services through AHRCs facilities.
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.s Saul and Elaine Seiff Educare Center, we understand the importance of the early years in a childs learning and development. Our model consists of a continuum of services throughout the childs adolescence, and prepares students for further education, future employment and a life of self-sufficiency.
We currently have an opportunity for a Substitute Teacher to join our staff at the Educare Center. In this role, you will teach children with a wide range of developmental abilities in a variety of educational environments. You will also implement the educational curriculum to meet the individual needs of children using various techniques and strategies, consistent with NYS standards and school district IEPs.
* Masters degree in Early Childhood or related field; will consider Bachelors degree working toward Masters degree.
* NYS Teacher Certification in Special Education
* Experience working with children with special needs preferred.
* Must be physically able to handle all aspects of the supervision of the day-to-day activities of student which may include, but not limited to, running, bending lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Ability to organize and manage professional team responsibilities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator and motivator.