Rosemead, CA, United States
At Panda, we all share a common mission: Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Senior Purchasing Manager is responsible for achieving strategic optimal arrangements related to purchasing assigned products. This positions portfolio of products is approximately $30 - $50 million in annual expenditures) and has a high level of impact on the companys financial performance and reputation. This position executes the selection, evaluation, and negotiation for assigned items, ensuring that the suppliers selected fit Pandas culture and philosophy, have the necessary capacity, and provide the items at the best price and highest quality. This position also leads SCM purchasing staff.
* Executes the companys purchasing arrangements in support of its business strategy and plan. Identifies suppliers and arranges optimal contracts in terms of pricing, quality, timing, and supply availability over the term of the contract for assigned products. Works with VP/Executive Director/Director to interact with the highest level of executives at supplier companies. Advises senior leadership on the availability of specific products and pricing, pre-qualifying new suppliers and facilities in terms of price, capacity, and quality. Ensures costs are within budget.
* Assists the Vice President/Executive Director/Director, SCM in the design and execution of the five-year supply chain strategic plan, anticipating business requirements. The plan includes identifying supplier sources, their purchasing capacity, and any legal/tariff issues. Informs the VP and senior leadership on industry insights, such as tariffs, import/export limitations, government regulations, Act of God situations, mergers, acquisitions, personnel changes, new item introduction as relevant to the assigned products.
* Recruits, selects, and develops an effective SCM team involved with purchasing. Provides leadership, coaching and development to the team to meet the departments people planning and development goals.
* Identifies new suppliers to support future growth. Attends supplier and industry conferences to identify potential suppliers, domestic and international and gain industry insights. Evaluates potential suppliers concerning the viability of their products and acceptability of their manufacturing facility. Negotiates with new suppliers over cost and collaborates with logistics to bring product(s) into distribution.
* Maintains a strong professional relationship between suppliers and the company. Communicates with suppliers concerning all aspects of the partnership including PRG philosophy and growth plans, and aligns suppliers with Panda to support company growth. Evaluates the effectiveness and fitness of suppliers to determine the procurement strategy.
* Leads or participates in projects with departments such as FSQA, Product Development, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Operations related to product specifications, quality inquiries, product re****_PA1