Atlanta, GA, United States
Mar 26, 2020
One year of academic studies at an accredited college or university. Experience in job development and knowledge of the local area, area employers and community resources. Must have personal computer (PC) work experience using Windows operating systems. Work experience should include Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Word and Excel applications. Should understand basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying and pasting, deleting, and moving files) as well as operation of common office machinery. The candidate must also have good typing, spelling, grammar, organizational, and phone skills.
Responsible for developing, coordinating and enhancing the facility's employment assistance/placement program by ongoing and documented efforts to assist each program resident in securing and maintaining gainful employment.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Responsible for complying with all agency policies and applicable procedures.
* Responsible for initial assessment of resident employment status, needs, aptitudes and resources, including testing.
* Responsible for coordinating and implementing any and all job preparation strategies as needed, including counseling and referrals.
* Responsible for continued verification of resident employment, both on-site and by phone.
* Responsible for completing and documenting all residence, including home confinement and/or electronic monitoring, on-sites.
* Responsible for timely subsistence collection and documentation.
* If serving as vocational counselor to female residents:
* Assist each program resident in obtaining gainful employment and/or appropriate educational/ vocational training.
* Meet with each resident individually at least once each week to discuss vocational plans and assess the resident's progress.
* Assist female residents in developing a weekly schedule and meeting the obligations outlined. Approve and monitor the schedule.
* Help residents develop and use a monthly budget. Monitor the budget along with the resident.
* Responsible for coordinating and maintaining accurate client records, reports, statistics, and schedules.
* Responsible for timely use of and timely recordkeeping in the FreshStart Case Management System.
* Responsible for attending and participating in all meetings as required.
* Responsible for actively developing and maintaining local private sector and public agency resources in regard to job development, training and related services.
* Responsible for maintaining close and effective working communication with other program staff, supervising authorities, other agencies and community groups in regard to any and all matters, especially those related to employment.
* Responsible for communicating all relevant information to supervisory staff in regard to residents, facility and agency.
* Responsible for providing Staff Duty Coverage as scheduled. In the event of work stoppage, the EPS will work all hours necessary to staff the center.
* Performs all other work duties as may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Charities, Inc. is a federal contractor and provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected classification under Federal, State, or Local Law.