Gardena, CA, United States
LEVEL TWO: Building upon level one, with minimal assistance level two machinists operate 3-5 axis CNC machines, which requires basic machine setup including preparing and setting up fixtures and cutting tools, as well as loading and adjusting CNC programs and offsets. Level two machinist competencies include the ability to use more advanced quality inspection tools and techniques such as height and air gauges and bench inspection, including part buy off. The level two machinist will have basic knowledge of common CNC G and M codes. Typically 2-4 years of experience.
* Level one responsibilities apply to level two, with the following additional duties:
* Perform basic setup operations, which includes setting up fixtures, cutting tools and CNC programs.
* Maintain product quality through monitoring and adjusting CNC offsets as needed.
* Perform inspection tasks of intermediate complexity interacting with drawings and more advanced inspection tools.
* Validate program and first part runs on existing product.
* Interact with production tracking tools such as Avante or E1 to charge time to job orders and claim parts at the end of the shift.
* Perform SPC as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* The ability to identify and correctly load and secure fixtures with minimal assistance.
* A working knowledge of G and M codes applied in setting and adjusting offsets and interacting with CNC programs.
* A working knowledge of shop math including tool geometry, positive and negative numbers, as well as basic geometry.
* The ability to read basic prints and apply basic dimensional specifications to inspection processes.
* DAP training
* Typically this position requires evidence of success in level one machining duties for at least one year prior to promotion or hire.
* 2-4 years of experience
LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
* GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.