Ithaca, NY, United States
Founded in 1887, Cornell Law School is a top-tier law school, currently ranked 13th by U.S. News & World Report. We offer a 3-year JD program for about 200 students per class, a one-year LLM program for over 100 students from countries throughout the world, and a doctoral (JSD) program for about 2-3 new students per year. Cornell Law School has approximately 40 tenured and tenure-track faculty, including 20 with chaired faculty positions; and 15 clinical professors in the legal research and writing program and in clinics at the local, national, and international level. Our faculty is consistently ranked among the top in the country for scholarly productivity and influence, and has pre-eminence in many areas, including quantitative and qualitative empirical legal studies, international and comparative law, and robust doctrinal scholarship in core fields. Our school is committed to being recognized as the leader among law schools at combining inspiring theoretical, doctrinal, and experiential teaching with cutting-edge scholarship in a supportive, intellectually rich community, so that our graduates can achieve excellence in all facets of the legal profession.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Under general direction, work independently to provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the Associate Dean for Admissions & Financial Aid, as well as general support for the Admissions Office at Cornell Law School.
* Perform a wide variety of administrative support activities including, event coordination, travel planning, scheduling meetings and managing calendars, and processing invoices and reimbursements.
* Assist the JD Coordinator with various admissions processes.
* Serve as the first point of contact for the Admissions Office, interfacing with multiple constituencies including applicants, alumni, faculty, pre-law advisers, administration, and current students.
* Coordinate Law School tours and classroom visits for prospective students and visitors.
WHAT WE NEED:
* Associate s Degree and 4-6 years of experience or equivalent.
* Ability to work successfully under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting, handling multiple tasks with differing deadlines, and to prioritize work on projects happening simultaneously.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with organizational, planning, time management, interpersonal skills.
* Strong service orientation and attention to detail. Ability to interact well with diverse populations.
* Must be able to handle high-volumes of work during peak periods.
* Ability to exercise discretion, resolve problems using sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, database management, presentation, website editing and electronic communications.
We prefer a Bachelor s degree. Experience with Cornell procurement and accounting systems and Common Spot.
REWARDS & BENEFITS:
* Cornell provides great benefits that include educational benefits, access to a plethora of wellness programs, employee discounts with local and national retail brands, health care options to choose from, generous paid leave provisions: 3 weeks of vacation, 12 holidays (including end of year winter break through New Year s Day) and superior retirement contributions.
* Cornell has also been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability, and diversity initiatives. For more information, follow the link. Benefits at Cornell.
* TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A COVER LETTER AND A RESUME
Relocation assistance and visa sponsorship are not available with this position.
UNIVERSITY JOB TITLE:Administrative Asst IV
PAY RATE TYPE:Hourly
CONTACT NAME:Liz Flint
NUMBER OF OPENINGS:1
If you currently work at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your HOME dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
ONLINE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by dragging and dropping them into the dropbox or by using the upload icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to ****, ****, or email at ****.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by CLICKING HERE. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.