Washington, DC, United States
Jun 09, 2020
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
* New York State Special Education Teacher Certification required.
* At least 2 years of teaching experience required.
* Bachelors Degree required.
* Masters Degree preferred.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
* Collaborates and provides instruction for small groups and individuals.
* Collaborates with necessary personnel to identify and support students who are considered at-risk.
* Collaborates with classroom teachers to design and execute individualized education plans for students with special needs.
* Utilizes developmentally appropriate and rigorous curricula and instructional materials that are tightly aligned to benchmarks and the Common Core State standards.
* Presents students with new ideas and concepts through a variety of strategies, and inspires and guides them to explore, express and uncover new ideas of their own.
* Modifies existing instructional plans as necessary to accommodate individual students special needs.
* Administers, collects, and analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data gathered from a variety of assessments.
* Builds relationships with his or her students families through regular communication about at risk/ IEP students progress and provides ways in which families can support their childrens learning.
* Participates in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students needs.
* Provides resources and supports for classroom teachers to implement intervention strategies.
* Refers students when necessary for special services.
* Participates in meetings to develop and review Individual Education Plans and suggest appropriate supports.
* Keeps organized records of student progress and provides up-to-date reports.
* Knowledgeable about Special Education law and advocates for students.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
* Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
* Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit [ [ [ [ or [ [ [ [