Union City, GA, United States
Mar 12, 2020
As a Warehouse Associate, you will:
- Pull and prepare orders for shipment
- Receive, verify, stage and stock all incoming material
- Ensure warehouse is clean, organized, secure and safe at all times
- Deliver materials by the time scheduled by the supervisor
- Validate directions to delivery sites
- Unload or assist in unloading material as required
- Pick up materials to be transferred between locations
- Ensure delivery and/or pickup of delivery documents and obtain necessary signatures when applicable
- Verify all material has been unloaded and placed at the delivery site
- Verify the signature on required paperwork.
- Review delivered orders with the supervisor for completion, accuracy, and format
- Return all required paperwork to warehouse, and verify that none is missing
A background in Warehouse operations and logistics, including shipping,receiving, delivery, and inventory is preferred. A Material Handling Equipment Certification is required.
A successful Warehouse Associate will possess the following:
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures
- Product knowledge or the ability to quickly learn it
- General computer skills for basic data entry
In business for 60 years, Ferguson is ranked by Trade Publications as one of the largest suppliers of construction related products and services in the country. They serve multiple segments of the construction sector including: commercial, hospitality, government, institutional, residential, industrial, heating & cooling and waterworks markets with broad capabilities to meet their customers' needs. It's Ferguson's associates who make the difference. Ferguson employs approximately 18,000 associates. Ferguson services customers coast-to-coast, with a distribution network spanning approximately 1,300 locations and serves customers in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean. Ferguson has a unique culture and a tradition of supporting civic, cultural,educational and environmental activities. The company is committed to the highest standards of ethics, from helping customers select green product solutions to providing a safe and secure workplace environment. Ferguson is committed to growth - of their business, their people, and their support of the communities in which they do business.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60 300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.