Newton, MA, United States
ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL
The Assistant General Counsel must balance legal and business imperatives in overseeing a broad variety of matters in connection with a large portfolio of office, industrial, hospitality and senior living assets. Although the Assistant General Counsel will be a utility player, emphasis will be on land use, development, construction and eminent domain matters. The Assistant General Counsel will work closely with RMR s construction and development and legal teams, as well as other functional groups on these matters.
* Handle various assignments in connection with land use, development, construction, contract administration, permitting and licensing, maintenance, and environmental matters.
* Assist with negotiating and advising on rights and obligations under a broad variety of contracts, including construction contracts, development agreements, and professional service agreements.
* Manage outside counsel, review surveys and title reports, and perform zoning code analysis.
* Oversee eminent domain matters.
* Assist with lease negotiations and lease documentation.
* Assist with tenant related litigation matters.
* Provide support for disputes arising in asset management function.
* Assist in the review and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and financing arrangements.
* Communicate and coordinate matters with other RMR personnel.
* J.D. degree.
* At least three years experience in land use, development, commercial real estate, and transactional law, preferably at a mid-size or large law firm.
* Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including general communications, contract drafting, legal writing, advocacy.
* Ability to work independently and efficiently and to produce a high-quality work product.
* Ability to thrive in a high energy, fast paced environment.
* Ability to travel minimally.
* Sound judgment, common sense and excellent follow-through skills.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Inc. is a holding company, and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. LLC. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate operating companies. As of December 31, 2018, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. LLC had approximately $29.7 billion of total assets under management, including more than 1,500 properties, and employed almost 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; and the companies managed by **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. LLC collectively had over 50,000 employees. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more information on your EEO rights under the law,****Apply Now