Boston, MA, United States
What you will do
Partner Services Systems, is a sub-team within Global Business Systems. This team works closely with the Partner Services Group (PSG) and is responsible for managing support, enhancements and large change initiatives for the platforms used to manage reporting of all the Partner Services data for BCG s Partner cohort. The Partner Services Group is a Global Function that provides world class compensation management, equity management, performance management and career development with their white glove service excellence model.
The IT Partner Systems Software Engineering API Product lead is responsible for building and designing engineering for solutions and modernization within the Partner Services portfolio. This role calls for a flexible product engineer and API developer who has proven experience working on implementations development within the Microsoft stack/ platforms, working with data integrations, configuration management, and technical engineering tasks. This candidate will help technically to adapt to changing priorities, is self-motivated, detailed oriented, technology driven and relationship orientated.
WHO WE AREBCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* 3-5 years of experience in software engineering of business applications in a corporate IT setting within the Microsoft stack. Strong understanding of Data integrations, CI/CD and DevSecOps principles. Working knowledge of AWS/Azure native cloud development and hybrid engineering concepts.
* Experience with RDBMS/Oracle/SQL, Source Control (TFS), Software Configuration Management, Microsoft Development stack, Advanced Monitoring tools, Service Now and/or Enterprise IT Service Management principles.
* Experience around software development/ integrations, interfaces and regulating transactional data as it pertains software engineering delivery
* Work with PSG systems team members to help shape business requirements, translating those requirements to customized product/technical solutions within the portfolio based on functional demand
* Strong understanding of Software Configuration Management and release engineering including CI/CD
* Understanding SQL/Oracle
* Expertise with base architecture, security and designing business applications
* Strong experience scoping, planning and delivering software delivery using iterative software development lifecycles over multiple release cycles; and using agile Scrum methodology.
* Understanding of basic Identify Access management, OKTA Federation, and IT security polices under data domain/role based provisioning from a software engineering perspective.
* Basic understanding of IT as a Service (ITaaS) and/or IT Service Management (ITSM) principles a plus.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
* Helping to shape/define/drive the product engineering development processes for Partner Services software, data and business processes as it relates to engineering and development disciplines
* Assist/influence and shape the planning, technical requirements, engineering delivery and technical maturity for our custom applications and SaaS products
* Responsibility for engineering and development tasks for the PSG portfolio from a software design and engineering point of view that drives technical efficiency and quality
* Helping to shape/define the technical product roadmap planning and mature our Product Engineering group for both project and operational engineering work to drive business value
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.